Lean Management success is easier to master with practical examples and advice on good Lean methods to improve any business process
Operational Excellence can be achieved in a few different ways. Lean management is a popular way to achieve Lean Production.
Here is some advice and a few warnings when you chose to use Lean Management to improve a business process and process performance.
What we now call ‘Lean Management’ started its life in Japan as the ‘Totota Production System’. The success of the Toyota Production System in making Toyota renowned world-wide as a high quality, low cost manufacturer has driven the rest of the world to want to understand how they became so successful. The concepts of ‘lean manufacturing’ and ‘lean management’ is now part of the international business vocabulary and companies all around the world strive to gain the benefits of Lean practices.
If you want success with Lean implementation and make a full Lean transformation you need to capture your people’s ‘minds and hearts’ with the philosophies of Lean. You can introduce the right Lean tools and the right Lean practices yet never become a Lean company. Lean methodologies need to be adopted at the ‘shopfloor’ by the people on the shopfloor. Management may introduce Lean tools and methods but it is the practices of the people in the operation that must become ‘lean’.
The tutorials and documents listed below aim to help you gain a fuller understanding and appreciation of what needs to be done in your operation if it is to become a Lean business with a successful Lean mindset in its management and its people.
You can subscribe to be emailed when new postings are added by clicking the link to complete the Subscription Form.
DISCLAIMER: You have our permission to use the content of our articles and white papers in your own documents and web pages at your own risk. We take no responsibility for use of the information or the consequences of its use. The contents are our opinion based on our understanding of the relevant information available to us at the time. If you use any content we ask only that you put a live link in what you write to the web pages that you use from this site.
Lean Techniques and Tools to Identify, Analyse and Solve Business, Operations and Maintenance Process Problems
- Conference Presentation: Lean Manufacturing—How It Can Help a Business (0.9 MB PDF file)
- Conference Presentation: Business Process Redesign the Plant Wellness Way (1.6 MB PDF file)
- Conference Presentation: Creating a Lean Culture in Mining—No Benefits Evident Yet (1.9 MB PDF file)
- Conference Presentation: Develop Operational Excellence Strategy That Improves Your Business (1.8 MB PDF file)
- You Do Best when You Develop a Strategy to Introduce Your Lean Improvements
- How to Use the 5-Whys for Root Cause Analysis (700 KB PDF file)
- Lean Improvement Success at a Concrete Reinforcing Bar Manufacturer
- Lean Improvement Success at a Large Fabrication Workshop
- Lean Improvement Success at Jobbing Manufacture Machine Shop
- Strange Discovery in the Supply Chain: How a Lean Analysis Spotted Supply Chain Risk
- How to do Value Stream Mapping (500 KB PDF file)
- Lean Business Performance Improvement Review Questionnaire (300 KB PDF file)
Find out more about our training PowerPoint presentations on Introducting Lean Six Sigma, 5S and TPM from our Lean and Quality Management Training Store where you can purchase them online.