In Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness you learn systems reliability engineering and risk elimination methods to design and build highly reliable enterprise asset management, operations and maintenance processes.
You use the Plant Wellness Way EAM methodology to re-engineer your company and operational processes for maximum success, i.e. utmost reliability.
It is a universal solution to create optimal life-cycle asset and business processes for outstanding plant, equipment, and organizational reliability
Every organization is a man-made ‘system’ with goals to reach. They all use people, processes, materials, infrastructure, information and knowledge arranged in some coordinated fashion. Designing and building the most effective and efficient man-made systems belong to the scientific discipline of Systems Reliability Engineering. When you use the principles of system reliability engineering to design industrial enterprises you get business risk elimination, optimization, robustness, anti-fragility, excellence, efficiency, waste eradication, loss prevention, simplicity, cost removal, continuous improvement, innovation, experimentation, learning organizations, and high reliability organizations. You get the utmost operating profits and business achievements possible, sustained throughout the future of an ever increasingly successful operation.
Every organization world-wide can get Operational Excellence success. But to do so, the ways of the past cannot be the ways of the future. The world can’t carry any more wastes, losses and inefficiencies. The great amount of luck involved in whether companies that adopt enterprise asset management ever get real success from it, must be changed into complete certainty for all. The book, Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness, shows how to take any company and put the most effective physical asset management, maintenance management, reliability engineering, and operations management processes into their business.
Human wellness is the state where body, mind and spirit are holistically integrated and we are healthier, happier, more resilient people. When a person has “wellness” they do tasks with gusto, live their passion and maximize their potential for greatness. The same can be said of a business that has wellness. They are robust, reliable, self-improving, integrated business systems best suited for getting maximum success in today’s and tomorrow’s world without harming our Earth. In industrial and manufacturing organizations, Systems Reliability Engineering principles allow us to design and create companies with wellness.
Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness uses Physics of Failure based asset management and operational management strategy. As such, it is the first asset management methodology that generates operational and asset maintenance strategy from materials-of-construction physical science and equipment reliability first principles. It delivers life cycle operational risk reduction by concentrating on component defect elimination and parts operating failure prevention. By targeting component health and wellbeing the methodology delivers high machine and equipment reliability that consequently lets production reach world class operational and maintenance performance. Unlike other asset and maintenance management methodologies that focus mostly on doing maintenance, this methodology requires companies to apply controls and protection across the organization and throughout the asset life cycle to prevent operating risks to the microstructure of components, and thereby eliminates maintenance of the equipment.
Figure 1 is a stylized overview of the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness methodology. Starting with understanding how to minimize the stress and risk in equipment materials-of-construction, you use the Stress to Business Process Model to identify what actions need to be done throughout the life cycle to get utmost component reliability. Every action is allocated to the most appropriate process in the organization, and it is made a task in the role and duties of the best persons to do the work. You engineer and build the minimal organizational structure, the correct knowledge bases, the right quality standards, and the necessary skills across the organization to achieve world class operational performance.
Figure 1 – The Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness Component Stress to Business Process Model
There are many benefits to be gained in adopting the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness methodology.
- Bring aerospace and spacecraft design principles to business and organizational design.
- Predict and proactively maximize success in every business process.
- The techniques and methods are simple and readily used in any organization.
- You visualize and better understand business process interactions and their effects.
- Apply “the scientific method” of insight and discovery to business process and job design.
- Design ideal business processes instead of fixing failure-prone business processes.
- Reliability concepts are made simple to understand and use in the business and workplace.
- Use universally applicable process improvement concepts, methods and thought-tools.
- Take a system-wide mentality and perspective in Change Management so you design and build processes that are most easily able to deliver the required performance.
- The methods and techniques allow businesses to optimize their entire organization, and not only a process or a department.
Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness is used to design and build a system for the utmost reliability of production assets. It is a production plant reliability management “user manual” for industrial organizations. Use it to choose and apply the strategies and practices that put the best solutions for enterprise asset management and operational excellence success into production plants, factories, utilities, processing operations, industrial operating sites, and in any organization that uses machinery in their business.
Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness is a completely risk based methodology to create corporate, life cycle, operational and maintenance processes that maximize plant, equipment and machinery uptime for least life cycle costs. It is fully compatible with the ISO 9001 quality management system standard and the ISO 55001 asset management system standard. It allows organizations to use the ISO 55001 asset management framework while it re-engineers and improves business processes until they optimize operational success. You can use the methodology with complete confidence that you will build both an operation that is fully complaint to recognized standards, and a world class organization capable of great operational performance improvement.
Figure 2 shows the path you climb to outstanding plant availability when you follow the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness way. You are guided to use scientific, math and financial facts to make the most profitable business choices. You gain powerful ways to think, along with the right paradigms and their new, insightful methods to follow, that bring outstanding physical asset reliability to any operation.
Figure 2 – Where Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness Takes Organizations
The Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness way eliminates operating risks and maximizes production uptime by giving you failure-free, healthy physical assets ready and capable of Operational Excellence success and profits. Asset Managers, Operations Managers and Maintenance Managers get a robust, risk-free way to test and check an idea or proposal will work before its promoted to the Executive Board.
The Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness methodology is a direct competitor to Lean and Six Sigma for operational performance improvement. But with the benefit of it being based on true physics and science, proper business risk analysis and management, and factual system reliability engineering principles and methods. Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness doesn’t need Lean or Six Sigma to make companies successful, because it gets you to build powerful processes that follow the laws of reliability engineering and sound materials science.
Adopt the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness philosophy and methodology at a site and you:
- Design highly successful processes and a powerful business system for maximum production success.
- Put a world class asset management system into your company totally suitable for ISO 55001 and ISO 9001 accreditation, while engineering and improving your business processes until they optimize operational success.
- Get a rapid fall in maintenance and operating costs by eradicating operating risks.
- Reduce your spares holding and warehousing requirements to only those items that make you most profitable.
- Deliver a rapid reduction in plant breakdowns and unplanned outages so throughput rockets up and production costs dive.
- Develop a highly knowledgeable, skilled and competent maintenance and operations workforce who deliver the highest reliability possible.
- Extend the time between shutdowns and turnarounds so production has long, trouble-free runs where everything goes right.
- Educate and upskill everyone in how to get world class physical asset performance, and then do better again.
- Maximize your operating profits forevermore with a business system-of-reliability that delivers the utmost operational success.
- Make risk management decision of sure “proven worth” and protect yourself and your organization against making wrong choices.
You can now design, build and imbed world class reliability into your organization and its operating assets with total certainty. Quite literally, you can engineer your business processes to always get the greatest reliability, maintenance and operational success. The Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness methodology is invented to be the quickest way to take asset intensive organizations to the heights of operations, maintenance and asset management performance.
Time is against all of us. Our global circumstances are already perilous. We must revolutionise our production industries with the physical asset management, maintenance management, and reliability engineering that guarantees Operational Excellence success in all operations. Start now to get your company and its people discovering and using better solutions. Find ever more successful ways to build a world class enterprise asset management system for exceptional operational success. Use the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness way to learn how to intentionally create a business-wide, holistic system engineered, designed and built with the processes and workflows that purposely deliver Operational Excellence results.
You can get the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness book at Amazon Books.
All the best to you,
Lifetime Reliability Solutions