Physics-of-Failure Maintenance Analysis: gets best maintenance strategy for world class reliability and low maintenance cost
Where a Reliability Centred Maintenance RCM Analysis is weak; a Physics-of-Failure Maintenance Analysis excels
A comprehensive, thorough maintenance strategy analysis for your whole operation done in half the time, and at half the cost of a standard Reliability Centered Maintenance RCM analysis.
"Helping you build a great and successful business that your customers love."
LRS Consultants put Reliability Maintenance Consulting, Lean Consulting and Business System Consulting into powerful solutions for Operations and Maintenance problems.
Hello and Welcome,
Physics-of-Failure (PoF) Maintenance Analysis has many advantages that a RCM maintenance analysis can never match:
- The component level approach of PoF Maintenance Analysis delivers more maintenance savings and you get them much faster than RCM analysis can deliver. Once RCM analysis results are implemented you might get an annual 3% to 5% maintenance costs savings, with PoF Analysis you can expect double and even triple that value in much shorter time
- Right-first-time equipment maintenance strategy with a depth of component failure analysis that RCM does not even get close too
- Rapid transfer of common maintenance strategy across every asset in your operation saves repeating and wasting time like what happens in an RCM analysis
- Huge costs savings compared to Reliability Centred Maintenance RCM Analysis lets you do all of your plant and equipment and still have change left over
- You only need Weibull Analysis for key components on critical equipment and you do not spend time and money wastefully modelling the failure of unimportant components
- It is a one-person process and it just needs one of your people to be involved, so you can keep all your other engineers, managers and supervisors at work and not tie them up for days in inefficient and time consuming RCM analysis meetings
- You gain more operating time and pay less on maintenance in future with fewer shutdowns as the PoF maintenance analysis identifies all those jobs that can be combined to save doing more outages and turnarounds
- You also get for free a failure modes coding list by component in your equipment to use for failure data collection in you CMMS
- You do not need external specialists from the OEM brought in, as for an RCM maintenance analysis, because the PoF maintenance analysis is such a simple, comprehensive and straight forward process that your own competent engineering staff are perfectly suitable to address any issues
- All PoF Analysis results are done on standard spreadsheet software that can be uploaded into your CMMS; you do not need to buy special purpose RCM software that requires specialists to use and ongoing IT support in future
- You get a realistic, dependable estimate of how much money you will save from lower maintenance and repair costs and from far greater plant and equipment reliability that you can take to the bank
Physics-of-Failure Maintenance Strategy Analysis: Much Faster, Far Less Cost, and More Powerful Solutions than Reliability Centered Maintenance
When you get Lifetime Reliability Solutions (LRS) Consultants to do a maintenance strategy analysis we keep your costs low, we deliver the maintenance analysis results to you fast and we give you the best maintenance and operating strategy for you operation.
By using our Physics-of-Failure Maintenance Analysis instead of doing a RCM Analysis we deliver greatly improved productivity, efficiency and effectiveness compared to using the Reliability Centered Maintenance RCM analysis methodology.
Far more powerful than Reliability Centred Maintenance RCM Analysis, PoF Analysis covers operational risk management, maintenance management, supply chain management, work quality assurance, employee maintenance skill levels, information technology and reliability engineering to arrive at a business-wide asset maintenance strategy that maximises your life cycle operating profits.
LRS Consultants physical asset management expertise gets you a best practice asset management and maintenance system with world class enterprise asset management strategy and methods, lasting improvement in plant and equipment reliability, greatly lower maintenance costs and maximum plant availability that ensures your future operational success.
Why Reliability Centered Maintenance RCM Analysis produces wasteful, pointless maintenance strategy—and it does not even consider changing to a better operating strategy??!!
The problem with RCM maintenance analysis is that you end up doing the wrong sort of maintenance—you spend time looking for problems and fixing them, instead of preventing problems arising in the first place. The image below is an extract from a RCM maintenance strategy analysis for a gas compressor station suction control valve. Six able and expensive people sat around a table and came up with five maintenance activities for the valve to supposedly reduce the number of failures it experienced.
Two new maintenance activities were added to address five failure modes—an off-line integrity test done during the annual shutdown to check valve component condition and valve performance, plus a regular, quarterly on-line inspection of the valve while in operation to look for evident problems. The team added $20,000 a year cost per valve (there were 48 such valves in total on the high pressure gas pipeline), yet those activities cannot possibly improve reliability by a measurable amount. They are all fault-finding activities and not reliability creating activities.
That RCM analysis proved to be a total waste of time because it added more maintenance work, but that work would never make the control valves more reliable. The RCM analysis team did what every RCM analysis team does—they simply added maintenance tasks because they could think of nothing else to do.
This would never have happened in a Physics-of-Failure maintenance strategy analysis.
Instead of spending a fortune for an incomplete, poorly focused RCM analysis, and wasting your peoples' time in meetings that talk repeatedly about the same things yet come-up with few useful maintenance activities, let us to review your existing asset maintenance management strategy, processes and practices using our Physics-of-Failure maintenance analysis methodology—you will get the right operating and maintenance plan to create high reliability in your operation.
Please Contact Us when you want world class asset management maintenance performance to rapidly bring operational excellence and world class reliability improvement into your facility and operation, without wasting your money, time and resources on pointless Reliability Centred Maintenance RCM Analysis.
My best regards to you,
Lifetime Reliability Solutions HQ