Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness uses systems engineering and life-cycle risk elimination to get highly reliable enterprise asset management, operations and maintenance processes
You use the Plant Wellness Way EAM methodology to re-engineer your company and operational processes for utmost reliability and maximum success
You get optimal life-cycle asset management and business processes delivering outstanding plant, equipment, and process reliability
Your organization is a ‘system’ with a purpose. Your people, processes, materials, infrastructure, information and knowledge are arranged in some coordinated fashion to reach that purpose. Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness lets you achieve your business goals by getting you world class operating asset reliability much faster, and for far less cost, than by any other way.
Using the principles of system reliability engineering to design industrial enterprises gets business risk elimination, optimization, robustness, anti-fragility, excellence, efficiency, waste eradication, loss prevention, simplicity, cost removal, continuous improvement, innovation, experimentation, learning organizations, and high reliability organizations. You get the utmost operating success and profits, sustained throughout the future of an ever increasingly successful operation.
Now, every organization can get world class maintenance, reliability and Operational Excellence success
The ways of the past cannot be the ways of the future. You can’t carry any more wastes, losses and inefficiencies in your operations. A big part of the answer is to have highly reliable and utmost productive operating assets—that is the job of Plant Wellness Way EAM.
The book, Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness, shows how to take your company and put the most effective physical asset management, maintenance management, reliability engineering, and operations management processes into your operating site.
Human wellness is the state where body, mind and spirit are holistically integrated and we are healthier, happier, more resilient people. When a person has “wellness” they do tasks with gusto, live their passion and maximize their potential for greatness. The same can be said of a business that has wellness. They are robust, reliable, self-improving, integrated business systems best suited for getting maximum success in today’s and tomorrow’s world without harming our Earth. In industrial and manufacturing organizations, Systems Reliability Engineering principles allow us to design and create companies with wellness.
Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness uses Physics-of-Failure science to get asset management and operational management strategy. It is the first asset management methodology that generates operational and asset maintenance strategy from materials-of-construction physical science and equipment reliability first principles.
It delivers life cycle operational risk reduction by concentrating on component defect elimination and parts operating failure prevention. By targeting component health and well-being the methodology delivers high machine and equipment reliability that consequently lets production reach world class operational and maintenance performance.
Unlike other asset and maintenance management methodologies that focus on doing maintenance, the Plant Wellness Way EAM methodology applies risk controls and protection across the organization and throughout the asset life cycle to prevent the microstructure failure of components. It thereby eliminates the need for maintenance of your equipment.
Figure 1 is a stylized overview of the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness methodology. Starting with understanding how to minimize the stress and risk in equipment materials-of-construction, you use the Stress to Business Process Model to identify what actions need to be done throughout the life cycle to get utmost component reliability.
Every action is allocated to the most appropriate process in the organization, and it is made a task in the role and duties of the best persons to do the work. You engineer and build the minimal organizational structure, the correct knowledge bases, the right quality standards, and the necessary skills across the organization to achieve world class operational performance.
Figure 1 – The Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness Component Stress to Business Process Model
There are many benefits to be gained in adopting the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness methodology.
- Bring aerospace and spacecraft design principles to business and organizational design.
- Predict and proactively maximize success in every business process.
- The techniques and methods are simple and readily used in any organization.
- You visualize and better understand business process interactions and their effects.
- Apply “the scientific method” of insight and discovery to business process and job design.
- Design ideal business processes instead of fixing failure-prone business processes.
- Reliability concepts are made simple to understand and use in the business and workplace.
- Use universally applicable process improvement concepts, methods and thought-tools.
- Take a system-wide mentality and perspective in Change Management so you design and build processes that are most easily able to deliver the required performance.
- The methods and techniques allow businesses to optimize their entire organization, and not only a process or a department.
Use Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness methodology to design and build a system for utmost operating asset reliability
The book is a production plant reliability management “user manual” for industrial organizations. Use it to choose and apply the strategies and practices that put the best solutions for enterprise asset management and operational excellence success into your production plants, factories, utilities, processing operations, industrial operating sites—any organization that uses machinery in their business will be far more successful far sooner with Plant Wellness Way EAM.
Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness is a completely risk based methodology to create corporate, life cycle, operational and maintenance processes that maximize plant, equipment and machinery uptime for least life cycle costs. It is fully compatible with the ISO 9001 quality management system standard and the ISO 55001 asset management system standard.
It lets organizations use the ISO 55001 asset management framework while it re-engineers and improves your business processes until they optimize operational success. You can use the Plant Wellness Way EAM methodology with complete confidence that you will build both an operation that is fully complaint to recognized standards, and can become a world class organization capable of great operational performance improvement.
Figure 2 shows the path you climb to outstanding plant availability when you follow the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness way. You are guided to use scientific, math and financial facts to make the most profitable business choices. You gain powerful ways to think, along with the right paradigms and their new, insightful methods to follow, that bring outstanding physical asset reliability to any operation.
Figure 2 – Where Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness Takes Organizations
The Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness way eliminates operating risks and maximizes production uptime by giving you failure-free, healthy physical assets ready and capable of Operational Excellence success and profits. Asset Managers, Operations Managers and Maintenance Managers get a robust, risk-free way to test and check an idea or proposal will work before its promoted to the Executive Board.
The Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness methodology is a powerful alternative to using Lean and Six Sigma for operational performance improvement
Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness doesn’t need Lean or Six Sigma to make companies successful. Instead, you build a powerful system and processes that follow the laws of reliability engineering, systems engineering, and sound materials science. Plant Wellness Way EAM solutions are based totally on true physics and science, proper business risk analysis and management, and factual system reliability engineering principles and methods.
Adopt the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness philosophy and methodology at a site and you:
- Design highly successful processes and a powerful business system for maximum production success.
- Put a world class asset management system into your company totally suitable for ISO 55001 and ISO 9001 accreditation, while engineering and improving your business processes until they optimize operational success.
- Get a rapid fall in maintenance and operating costs by eradicating operating risks.
- Reduce your spares holding and warehousing requirements to only those items that make you most profitable.
- Deliver a rapid reduction in plant breakdowns and unplanned outages so throughput rockets up and production costs dive.
- Develop a highly knowledgeable, skilled and competent maintenance and operations workforce who deliver the highest reliability possible.
- Extend the time between shutdowns and turnarounds so production has long, trouble-free runs where everything goes right.
- Educate and upskill everyone in how to get world class physical asset performance, and then do better again.
- Maximize your operating profits forevermore with a business system-of-reliability that delivers the utmost operational success.
- Make risk management decision of sure “proven worth” and protect yourself and your organization against making wrong choices.
Now, design, build and embed world class reliability into your organization and its operating assets with total certainty
Quite literally, you engineer your business processes to always get the greatest reliability, maintenance and operational success. The Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness methodology is invented to be the fastest way to take asset intensive organizations to the heights of operations, maintenance and asset management performance.
Now, you can quickly revolutionize your operations with the physical asset management, maintenance management, and reliability engineering that guarantees Operational Excellence success.
Get your company and its people using the best solutions. Start doing the most successful ways to build a world class enterprise asset management system for exceptional operational success.
Use the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness book to learn how to intentionally create a business-wide, holistic system-of-reliability that is engineered, designed and built with the processes and workflows that deliver sure Operational Excellence results.
Get the Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness book at Amazon Books.
All the best to you,
Lifetime Reliability Solutions